In the heart of the Elgin Valley, nestled between vineyard rows, orchards of apples and pears with an amphitheatre of the Kogelberg and Hottentots Holland mountain ranges, lies the home of Elgin Vintners on the Elgin Orchards farm which dates back to 1890. The farm has a deep connection with and understanding of its vineyards and terroir. Meticulous care is taken of the vineyards which produce well-balanced grapes packed with flavour. This process takes a whole season and their role as vintners is to capture this flavour in every glass.
- Awards: Top 10 Merlot Awards 2022, 4 Star Platter, 91 Points Tim Atkin, 90 Points Gilbert & Gaillard.
- After pressing, the wine was filled into 300L French oak barrels.
- Malolactic fermentation took place in barrel, thereafter the wine was matured for 20 months.
- Brick-red with a ruby core.
- Spicy nose with red fruit and cassis.
- A smokey and toasty palate with fine and grainy tannins.
- Black fruit and red berries follow on the finish.
- Elegant and complex.
- A matured wine that will age well.
- Enjoy with crispy duck, mushroom galette, salmon or trout.
- Alcohol by Volume: 14.4%
- Region: Elgin
For more information visit Elgin Vintners